Felt slippers for men
Our felt slippers and fulling slippers are handmade in the middle of the Alps from special wools such as merino wool or the wools of endangered sheep breeds. We always try to reduce the model to the essentials while optimising function and anatomy when walking. Discover our comfortable men's slippers.
Buying felt slippers for men at Gottstein: What should you pay attention to?
We have been making felt slippers for men in our factory in Tyrol, Austria since 1926. Our many years of expertise in relation to wool and its processing come into play in the production of felt slippers. Our felts are made of pure new wool of the highest quality! That's why our men's slippers made of felt are suitable for every season.
If you have an existing allergy to wool, then our felt slippers are unfortunately not suitable for you. Since we use pure new wool and process it as untreated as possible, our products contain lanolin. This is of course noticeable in the case of an existing wool allergy. If you don't have an allergy, be happy: Because of our nature-conscious processing, the healthy active ingredients of the wool get directly to your feet.
What are the advantages of felt slippers for men?
Magicfelt felt slippers weigh only 89g in shoe size 38 - that's probably a world record! Our felt slippers have a special wearing comfort. It feels like you're walking barefoot. In addition, felt mules have many other advantages:
- Felt slippers are easy to care for. Wool is self-cleaning and easy to care for, so dirt can be easily removed.
- Felt slippers are perfect for sweaty feet. Felt slippers are temperature-regulating, antibacterial and odor-inhibiting. Felt slippers for men have been proven to inhibit sweat formation in the sweat glands and ensure a good foot climate.
- Men's felt slippers for every season: our felt slippers can be worn in both summer and winter.
- Felt slippers for men have a beneficial effect on the body thanks to the lanolin contained in the wool.
- Felt is a natural product and compared to cotton, the impact on our environment that occurs during production is significantly lower. We also produce all of our felt slippers sustainably and regionally in our factory in Tyrol.
- Each felt slipper is unique because it is made by hand.
- Our felt men's slippers are available with different soles. Whether with an elegant leather sole, with a felt sole or with a cork sole - with us you will find the right model for any clothing.
- The production of men's felt slippers made from wool from rare breeds of sheep is our heartfelt project. We use, among other things, wool from Europe from sheep that are threatened with extinction.
What types of felt slippers does Gottstein offer?
Our felt slippers are the perfect everyday companion. Gottstein felt slippers are available in many colors but also in muted natural colors made from undyed wool of endangered sheep breeds. In our range we have a variety of different felt slipper models:
- Slipper models made of felt: At Gottstein you will find, in addition to slippers made of felt, many other felt models such as felt clogs, felt mules or felt hotel slippers.
- Cuts of our felt slippers: When it comes to cuts, there are high-cut slippers made of felt like our felt boots. Here the felt comfortably surrounds the ankle. Gottstein also has models that you can slip on, such as our men's clogs or the Magicfelt felt slippers.
- Slippers with footbed: We have some models with removable footbeds, like the Stegmann 127, or models with an anatomically shaped footbed like our Magicfelt felt mules. Of course, there are also felt slippers with a permanently integrated footbed, such as the Stegmann clog.
- Felt slippers with sole: Our felt slippers are available with a sole made of vegetable tanned leather, a patented felt latex sole, a cork sole or a rubber sole.
- Felt slippers with leather soles are particularly light and quiet. You walk close to the ground - for a barefoot feeling in everyday life.
- Felt slippers with felt latex soles are particularly soundproof, non-slip and light.
- Felt clogs with cork soles have a relaxing effect on the body.
- Felt slippers with rubber soles make it easy to walk out the door.
- Sole height of the felt slippers: We have both felt slippers with a flat, anatomically shaped felt sole and with a raised cork sole in our range.
- We also offer our felt slippers for women and our felt slippers for children in a wide variety of designs. So there is something for everyone.
- We also offer both lambskin slippers for men and lambskin slippers for women.
At what time of the year can you wear felt slippers?
Our felt slippers guarantee a pleasant foot climate in every season. Felt made from new wool regulates the temperature and is the perfect material for both summer and winter. In our product portfolio we have felt slippers to slip on, as felt clogs or as felt hut boots. Our men's slippers are available with both leather and felt soles. Our slippers are therefore suitable for both winter and summer!
What do you have to consider when cleaning and caring for felt slippers for men?
Wool is a natural material with self-cleaning properties. In contrast to slippers made of cotton, felt made of new wool is dirt-repellent and easy to care for. Dirt and dust can be easily removed by tapping or brushing.
Can you wash your men's felt slippers in the washing machine?
Wool felt deforms when washed! We therefore expressly advise against washing in the washing machine! Would you still like to know how to take care of your felt slippers for men? You can find all the information you need in our care instructions.
Can you put your felt shoes in the dryer?
Our felt slippers for men are not suitable for the dryer. Neither the sole nor the felt upper material of our men's slippers would survive a tumble dryer.
How can you determine the right size for your felt slippers?
The shoe size is determined by your foot length. In our size table you can read how to determine this correctly. Please note that symmetrical feet are the exception rather than the rule. We therefore recommend measuring both feet. The longer foot is then decisive for the size of your felt slippers. It is advisable to measure your feet in the evening as your feet change throughout the day. For a good walking feeling you should calculate a clearance of 6 mm between the edge of your felt slipper and your heel. This ensures that your toes have enough toe room and you avoid pressure points on your feet.
What distinguishes the felt slippers for men from Gottstein?
Felt is a non-woven textile surface. These are wool fibers that are aligned in parallel and connected to each other. For our men's felt slippers, the pre-felt is made on a card, seamlessly shaped over a strip and then milled. This creates a robust, closed textile surface. Wool slippers made of felt are still made by hand at Gottstein. This means that every single felt slipper is unique. The following models are made of felt in our resource-saving production process:
- Stegmann felt clog: With an anatomically shaped cork footbed and a slightly raised sole, it makes it easier for your feet to roll off. This reduces the impact force when walking and protects your joints. The slightly raised cork sole automatically gives you a more upright gait. This protects your back and prevents back pain.
- Stegmann 127: Made from the finest merino wool, this model has a removable cork footbed and thus offers maximum wearing comfort. The patented felt latex sole is non-slip and allows safe walking on any surface.
- Slipper made of felt: The felt models ER 731 and EO 730 are made of felt like a boot. The sole is made of vegetable-tanned cowhide. The footbed made of light cork relaxes tired feet and a strap made of vegetable-tanned cowhide helps you get into the felt boots.
- Magicfelt felt slippers: Our Magicfelt felt slippers are light as a feather. They have an anatomically shaped footbed made of felt wool and are fitted with either a leather sole or a patented felt latex sole. The wearing comfort of a Magicfelt slipper is unique. You walk very close to the ground - almost like barefoot!
All of our felt slippers for men are made in our factory in Tyrol, Austria. More than 80 process steps are necessary to produce a slipper made of felt. Our long-standing employees manufacture the slippers by hand with great attention to detail and high quality standards. This means that every felt slipper is a handmade one-off.